I’m looking for parents to volunteer for the first-ever Orchestra Carnival Committee!
What: Orchestra Carnival and Concert
When: Saturday, May 14. Concert starts at 1:00. I was thinking the carnival could happen after, like maybe 1:30-3?
Where: MNHS auditorium (concert) and cafeteria (carnival)
Who: Carnival portion would be targeted at grades 3-5 and their families.
Why: To get elementary students excited about playing an instrument/continuing playing next year + showcase our amazing orchestra students to our community
How you can help:
- If you have experience with elementary school carnivals – set up, running the event, etc. This will be much smaller scale – I’m thinking a few traditional carnival games (like ring toss) along with an instrument “petting zoo” and crafts (like make your own bow buddies and design your own instrument tags)
- Setting up the booths (like they did at after-prom if any of you helped with that)
- Creating flyers/social media images to get the word out
- Being in charge of this cool thing so I can focus on the concert portion 🙂
I would ideally like 5-6 main parents who would be in charge, who would then determine how many more adults and student helpers we would need.
If you are able to volunteer, please email with the following information:
- Your name and your child’s name
- Your preferred email address and phone number
- If you can be on the “in charge” team
- If you can be on the “worker bee” team
Thank you for considering! I’m hoping that our many hands will make this light work, as well as a fun community event!