Instruments – No instruments needed on the first days of school!
- Philharmonic (5th hour) students will bring instruments on Friday, August 12.
- Symphony Orchestra (1st and 2nd hour) students will bring instruments starting Monday, August 15.
Do double check your instrument for maintenance: purchasing a new set of strings and getting the bow rehaired are great ways to start ready to make your best sound!
- Orchestra Remind
Students, join this Remind group: https://www.remind.com/join/mnhsorc The Remind app allows you to send and receive notifications from Mrs. Martinez via text message.
- School Instrument Rental
We have a limited number of violins, violas, cellos, and basses for rent from our school inventory. If you would like to rent one of these instruments, the fee is $90 for the year. Email Mrs. Martinez for more information.
- Handbook Signatures – due Aug. 26!
Your child’s first assignment requires parent participation!
- Part 1: Students will review the Orchestra Handbook in class on Thursday, and will have a chance to complete the Student Version of the handbook signature form.
- Part 2: Parents and Guardians – please review the handbook, paying special attention to pages 2-7 for concert dates and other important expectations. Once you have the concert dates marked in the family calendar, please complete the Parent Version of the handbook signature form. Once both steps have been completed, the points will go in the gradebook.
Please complete the forms by Friday, Aug. 26.
- Orchestra Picnic
Friday, August 19, 3:45-5:45 PM at Cottonwood Park!
We will share more information about this next week!
- First Concert, Oct. 6 @ 7 PM
Time to get your concert attire!
If your child identifies as male:
- Black, long-sleeved button down dress shirt with a collar
- Black necktieBlack belt
- Black dress slacks (NOT jeans)
- Black dress socks
- Black dress shoes
If your child identifies as female:
- Black, long-sleeved blouse with modest neckline (crew neck or button down dress shirt preferred)
- Black dress slacks (NOT leggings, jeans, or yoga pants) – can be slim fit or boot-cut style slacks
- Black dress socks or nylons
- Black, closed-toed dress shoes
If your child identifies as female and you would like to purchase a used black dress, we have some available for $40 each. Please contact Mrs. Martinez if interested.
- All State
- MNHS Orchestra Chicago Trip
More information, including planned activities, cost, and payment portal instructions, can be found in this Google doc.